Is there any way to let compositor set the data in client space and then return back to client?

Jasper St. Pierre jstpierre at mecheye.net
Sat Feb 8 08:23:22 PST 2014

Well, there's not really anything that allows process A to arbitrarily
modify process B's memory. The only thing that's close is memory-mapped
files, and that's already what we use to share image data between the
client and the compositor.

There's also memfd, which is "more secure" than a memory-mapped tmpfile,
simply because it allows sealing the fd, so you can be sure it will never
change as you try to read from it. But memfd isn't a public API yet.

What exactly are you trying to do here?

On Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 3:19 AM, Wang, Quanxian <quanxian.wang at intel.com>wrote:

>  Hi, All
>
> I want to allocate some space in client, and let compositor set some data
> in this space and then return back to client.
>
> It seems like user data mechanism.
>
> Any way to implement that?
>
> Thanks
>
> Regards