xim-wayland

Daiki Ueno ueno at gnu.org
Thu Feb 20 02:57:47 PST 2014

Hi,

To add another use-case of wl_text_input protocol, I started a small
hack that enables XIM-based applications to use Wayland input methods:
https://github.com/ueno/xim-wayland

It runs as a standalone XIM server and translates between those
protocols.  A screenshot using weston-keyboard on xterm (on XWayland):
http://du-a.org/~ueno/junk/xim-wayland.webm

Unfortunately, it seems xterm does not support client-side preedit.
Here is another shot taken with gedit and GTK+ "xim" immodule:
http://du-a.org/~ueno/junk/xim-wayland-gedit-xim.webm

I'm wondering if it is possible to display preedit on a floating
wl_input_panel if an X client does not support preedit, though I have no
idea how to place it near the client window.

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno