Wayland API to get the id of focus window [Seema Singh]

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Thu Feb 20 01:52:46 PST 2014

On Thu, 20 Feb 2014 09:12:50 +0000 (GMT) Seema Singh <seema.singh at samsung.com>
said:

> Hi All,
>
> In our module we have used the below mentioned   ecore_x APIs.
> 1.ecore_x_window_focus_get()
> 2.ecore_x_netwm_pid_get()
>
> We are planning to move to wayland platform. But  could not find the below
> APIs in ecore_wayland.h file Please let me know if anyone has come across the
> same issue.

first... by module... what does this code do? is it an enlightenment module? or
is it some external client process?

if it's literally a module inside enlightenment... enlightenment knows the
focus already - check other internal api's. you'll want to be looking at git
master to track dev and features there as that is where the most complete
wayland support is. as for pid - that would be something the compositor can get
by interrogating the fd of the client socket connection.

if this is a 3rd party app/process, the answer is "the 3rd party process has no
business knowing either of these bits of information for security reasons and
simply cleanliness of design."

so maybe you should first explain what you are doing, where and why, and
then... we can figure out what to do about it. :)

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster at rasterman.com