Update on Chromium- Wayland

Kondapally, Kalyan kalyan.kondapally at intel.com
Fri Feb 21 12:23:57 PST 2014

Hi All,

It's been a while we announced Ozone-Wayland project here [1] and wanted to a give a short update about things on our side. We have made our source release yesterday and more details can be read here[2]. I don't have a video to share currently but Tiago Vignatti released this video [3] few days back and should cover most of the work we have accomplished so far.

Ozone-Wayland and Tizen-IVI:
Tizen-IVI supports Wayland [4] and with recent patches[5], one is able to build Ozone-Wayland for Tizen-IVI. If you are interested in Tizen-IVI, you can read more details here [6].

A short demo showing the current state of things on Tizen-IVI (Courtesy Joone Hur):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_whbw363ik

Thanks for reading and have a nice weekend every one.

Br,
Kalyan
1)      http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2013-September/011146.html
2)      https://01.org/ozone-wayland/blogs/kalyankondapally/2014/ozone-wayland-betachannel-updated-m34
3)      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJB2pznc6iY
4)      https://www.tizen.org/blogs/bbranch/2013/tizen-3.0-m2-aug-ivi-released
5)      https://github.com/01org/ozone-wayland/commit/35bbb1375a8750ab8d4d7fd72b91035eee3069be
6)      https://01.org/ozone-wayland/blogs/kalyankondapally/2014/ozone-wayland-and-tizen-ivi

Intel Finland Oy
Registered Address: PL 281, 00181 Helsinki
Business Identity Code: 0357606 - 4
Domiciled in Helsinki