[Mesa-dev] OpenGL on Wayland

Thomas Daede daede003 at umn.edu
Wed Jul 2 09:37:30 PDT 2014

What Mesa version are you using? IIRC OpenGL 3.3 is only supported in
llvmpipe in mesa 10.3 and newer. Using MESA_GL_VERISON_OVERRIDE just fakes
the version string, it doesn't change what functions you can actually link
to.

Also, that also means for compatibility reasons you might want to request a
slightly older OpenGL version, unless you actually use functions provided
in OpenGL 3.3 that don't exist in an older version?