Keysym event in the text protocol

Hardening rdp.effort at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 02:57:34 PDT 2014

Le 25/07/2014 22:08, Bill Spitzak a écrit :
> On 07/25/2014 11:59 AM, Daniel Stone wrote:
>> Since you're just repeating yourself without taking on anything that's
>> been said, so will I: that won't work.
>
> This I am finding hard to believe.
>
> My proposal is that the compositor maintain a xkb_state, and keystroke
> events have the result of xkb_state_key_get_syms(),
> xkb_state_key_get_consumed_mods(), etc added to them. Note the keycode
> is still there in the event.
>
> For RDP this would be run on the actual machine that has the keyboard
> hardware and thus has access to the keyboard layout information.

Not sure to understand about RDP. In RDP the the client sends some
informations describing the layout, and sent keycodes are in fact
"virtual keycodes" that are to be interpreted regarding the layout (not
even talking of different kind of keyboards mac / pc). That's why in the
RDP compositor we try to find a nice xkb file for a given RDP layout (so
keycodes will be translated to evdev layout at the end).

Regards.

--
David FORT
website: http://www.hardening-consulting.com/