Keysym event in the text protocol

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 10:44:33 PDT 2014

I am just going to have to study this further, because I am still
completely stumped as to why so many people think this is an acceptable
solution.

This sounds to me like either the ability to transmit an entire xkb
description across the wire is added to the wayland protocol, or that
there is a fake keyboard, not matching any real hardware, which can
produce all possible keysyms and the "keycode" is simply an encoding method.

I have been repeatedly burned by NX getting the keyboard descriptions
wrong, requiring me to run a *different* xmodmap depending on the host I
am calling in from, so I do not consider this a theoretical question.