[Question] Z-order management in Wayland

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Thu Jul 31 02:32:58 PDT 2014

On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 01:57:44 -0700 (PDT) yan.wang at linux.intel.com said:

> Hi, Carsten,
>   Thanks for your comments.
>   I check efl code and I found
> _ecore_wl_window_cb_xdg_surface_active/deactivate is empty.
>   As your comments, we should add code into them and pop related Ecore
> event out. Is it right?

yes - i don't know if the xdg shell protocol does this request at the moment -
but ultimateley it should as this is part of xdg standards to begin with and is
the "right way". it's what apps etc. really want. not a raise or layer change.

>   I could also find ecore_wl_window_raise() in ecore_wl_window.c. It
> shouldn't be used?

it'll only end up having an effect between subsurfaces. it won't do what you
want.

>   And I am not sure whether USE_XDG_SHELL macro is enabled in current
> Tizen upstream.

i think not. i am not even sure about upstream atm - busy with lots of other
stuff and wayland work is understaffed.