OpenGL on Wayland

Kalrish Bäakjen kalrish.antrax at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 11:08:21 PDT 2014

Hello,

I am working on a project that uses EGL and defers drawing to render
modules. To maintain compatibility with Wayland and avoid being tied to X,
I have chosen OpenGL ES 3. As it is difficult for me to find information
about this API, I would rather use its desktop counterpart; however, as
said, this would make it impossible to run my application on Wayland.

What is the status of OpenGL on Wayland? Are there any plans on
emancipating it from GLX?

Thank you, and, please, forgive me if this message does not correspond to
these lists. Regards,
Kalrish