OpenGL on Wayland

Kalrish Bäakjen kalrish.antrax at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 13:58:25 PDT 2014

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 10:13 PM, Jason Ekstrand <jason at jlekstrand.net>
wrote:

> Make sure you are calling eglBindAPI(EGL_OPENGL_API) as opposed to
> eglBindAPI(EGL_OPENGL_ES_API).  There is no OpenGL ES 3.3.

I have realized that eglBindAPI was being called after eglCreateContext. I
fixed the calling order as specified in the corresponding reference page,
so it's called before eglCreateContext and eglMakeCurrent, and I've got an
OpenGL 3.0 context. However, if I try to introduce the
EGL_CONTEXT_MINOR_VERSION flag, the error is still that it isn't recognized.

FWIW, eglQueryAPI() == EGL_OPENGL_API is true.

When run with the r200 driver, EGL advertises EGL_KHR_create_context. When
run with EGL_SOFTWARE=1 and LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1, however, it does not.
I have had a look at Mesa's EGL source, but I can't understand much of it.