How do I get started?

Ayan Shafqat acuachills.ayan at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 07:45:40 PDT 2014

Thanks for your prompt reply, Armin. I am familiar with git scm and have
used it for a few projects. What I am interested in are the points below:

(1) Coding style guidelines for Wayland.
(2) Where to submit patches.
(3) Code review process.

Let me know where I can find information to these. Thanks in advance.

On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 1:35 PM, Armin K. <krejzi at email.com> wrote:

> On 06/28/2014 12:55 AM, Ayan Shafqat wrote:
> > Hello All:
> >
> > I work as an embedded software developer, and I would like to increase
> > my knowledge in software design. I have not yet contributed to an
> > ongoing open source project, but I would like to start contributing to
> > Wayland (because I like it). So far, I have compiled, ran, Wayland and
> > Weston (mostly on my raspberry pi), and have been reading the
> documentation.
> >
> > My question to all is: How do I get started as a developer? :-) Is there
> > a little "training guide" or "developer's manual"? Any pointer would be
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Thank you all in advance.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ayan
> >

> Well, you can start contributing in forms of patches. Wayland
> repositories use git scm, so you need to get familiar with it first.
>
> --
> Note: My last name is not Krejzi.

Ayan Shafqat
(917) 720 - 2074