Build dependencies

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Wed May 14 06:22:50 PDT 2014

On Wed, 14 May 2014 16:54:39 +0400
Soslan Khubulov <soslanx at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I found Building Wayland page (http://wayland.freedesktop.org/building.html)
> lacks build dependencies. Just following that page I was unable to proceed
> any further, but after installing build dependencies from Raspberry Pi page
> (http://wayland.freedesktop.org/raspberrypi.html) I finally got reed of
> errors.
>
> Did I miss something or that page is incomplete?

Hi,

it does not list most of the build dependencies, because they vary
distribution by distribution what you need to get from git, or how
things are split into packages. We only list the stuff that likely
is (was) not present or properly configured in most distributions.

The Raspberry Pi page however is totally based on Raspbian specifically.

It is somewhat expected, that people can read the errors
from ./configure, and work out which package in their particular
distribution provides it, if any. That is a major point of
autoconf/configure, to tell you what you are missing.