FreeBSD libinput

Ales Katona almindor at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 11:37:47 PST 2014

Hey,

as far as I know epoll is only available on freeBSD via the linux
compatibility kernel + libraries layer, which is not installed by default.
There is kqueue which is an arguably better event handling mechanism.
There's an existing patch for such a rewrite here:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2013-February/007442.html
from Philip Withnall. I'm not sure where this patch is supposed to be
applied to as the files in it are not corresponding to libinput sources,
but what he did could be done here with current libinput. Best method would
probably be to write a basic abstraction on top of the polling mechanism
and have individual mechanisms implementing it in stand-alone .c files.

My biggest hurdle right now is the mtdev dependency since that library is
linux specific.

Thanks,

Ales

--