RE: Question about multi-displays control on wayland protocol‏

Yang Andy williamyang13 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 9 20:35:28 PDT 2014

Hi Pekka

Thank you very much for your reply.

I got your meaning,but i have another question.

Is there any necessary for modify weston/compositor?

Because i investigate source code[compositor-fbdev.c],and find that compositor open device [/dev/fb0].

It seems that the compositor is constant with /dev/fb0,how does compositor direct surfaces to specific outputs(fb0/fb1...)

Could you give me some advice?

[source code]
backend_init(struct wl_display *display, int *argc, char *argv[],
         struct weston_config *config)
{
    /* TODO: Ideally, available frame buffers should be enumerated using
     * udev, rather than passing a device node in as a parameter. */
    struct fbdev_parameters param = {
        .tty = 0, /* default to current tty */
        .device = "/dev/fb0", /* default frame buffer */
        .use_gl = 0,
    };

    parse_options(fbdev_options, ARRAY_LENGTH(fbdev_options), argc, argv);

    return fbdev_compositor_create(display, argc, argv, config, &param);
}

Best regards

Andy