how to make Xwayland auto start on tizen-ivi-3.0 image

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 00:03:49 PDT 2014

On Tue, 2 Sep 2014 10:14:44 +0800
"Steve (YiLiang) Zhou" <szhou at telecomsys.com> wrote:

> Thanks Geoffroy,
>
> Your information is very important for me ,  I'm sure that xwayland
> module is loaded ,  so is it possible that I startup Weston with root
> and start a shell script automatically which execute xwayland in it?

FWIW, when xwayland.so is loaded into Weston, Weston itself will be
listening on the X11 display socket for connections. When the first
X11 client connects, it will spawn the Xwayland X server to handle that
and all following X11 clients.

I suppose all you need is the DISPLAY environment variable, and know
when Weston is ready to receive X11 connections. I believe xwayland.so
module sets the DISPLAY variable for all child processes of Weston.