How to maintain relative position of two surfaces?

Hongze Zhao zhaohongze at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 16:49:56 PDT 2014

Hi All,

I am doing some experiments on weston compositor. I am wondering if someone
could give me some hints about how to maintain relative position of two
surfaces.

Suppose I have two wayland clients. After I grab and move the surface of
one client, I would like to maintain the relative positions of the the
surfaces from two clients. Thus I have to automatically update the position
of the other surface.

I feel that surface position is stored in an instance of weston_view, which
is mainly maintained by desktop-shell. So I am not sure if there is some
easy way to achieve my goal by modifying desktop-shell.

Thanks,
Hongze