[Wayland1.5]Issue of weston dump,display 'wayland-0' is gone

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 02:20:55 PST 2015

On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 08:42:37 +0000
Yang Andy <williamyang13 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Bryce
>
> In normal case,weston-launch and weston can run correctly.
>
> In very minority caseļ¼Œthis issue occurs in the system startup phase.

Hi,

sounds like you have a race in your systemd configuration. It could be
pretty much anything, we can't guess what sort of setup you have.

> So,i want to catch some information about weston coredump in which weston/weston-launch is launched by systmed.

Just getting the stdout and stderr outputs of Weston would be a start.

Launching weston using systemd is a fairly rare use case. You may want
to read through everything in
https://phabricator.freedesktop.org/T63
and especially check that
https://phabricator.freedesktop.org/T63#884
is not your issue.

Nothing you have said would refer to a Weston issue. Everything you
have said points to interaction or setup issues with systemd. In your
setup, you would have systemd capture Weston's stdout and stderr and
even the coredump.

By the way, systemd generally does not know when Weston's startup has
finished, so services depending on Weston may fail randomly. You might
be able to fix that by using Weston's systemd-notify plugin which is
new in an unreleased version of Weston. It will be part of 1.10 release.