weston flip a null frame first before start launcher

zou lan nancy.lan.zou at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 02:27:48 PST 2015

Hi pekka & others

I find weston flip a null frame before start the launcher
weston-desktop-shell. So there is always a black surface flash before the
launcher. That doesn't have the relationship with the animation mode.
I think it's caused by the code weston_output_init which call
the weston_output_damage.

weston_output_damage will paint nothing if the animation mode is noe and
flip one frame.

Does this frame is normal or my implementions have problems?  Thank you.
I try it on weston version 1.8 and 1.9.

weston.ini
[shell]
animation=none
startup-animation=none
client=/usr/lib/weston/weston-desktop-shell

Best Regards
Nancy