How to grab the input event exclusively?

Lance Bai lancebai at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 06:35:14 PST 2015

Dear All,

I have a question regarding grabbing the key input in weston.

I am running weston-1.8.92 on raspberry pi2(i.e compositor-rpi, launch with
weston-launch), and found that the /dev/input/eventX file descriptor is
read by both weston and tty, which means the input will be showed on the
tty terminial as well. However, I would like the key input taken by the
weston application only, without showing what I type in TTY.

Should I set the input event fd with EVIOCGRAB in weston_launcher_open,
like libinput/tools/shared.c? or is there any better approach?

BR,
Lance