[ANNOUNCE] wayland 1.7.0

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 00:38:47 PST 2015

On Sat, 14 Feb 2015 01:18:49 -0800
Bryce Harrington <bryce at osg.samsung.com> wrote:

> The 1.7 release of Wayland is now available for download.  Thanks to
> all who have contributed, and especially to the desktop environments
> and client applications that now converse using Wayland.

Thank you Bryce for the releases!

I would like to point out two things that are not really about releases
but might be intereating nevertheless.

At the end of our extras page
http://wayland.freedesktop.org/extras.html
you can find links to three protocol dumper projects. If you have
problems with the protocol, want to add artificial communication delays
to test your protocol atomicity and reliability, or just want to see
how things work, these are your tools. They are provided by individual
contributors, many thanks to them! I hope these projects will grow and
mature into serious debugging aids if they're not already. There is so
much the WAYLAND_DEBUG environment variable, as powerful as it is,
cannot reveal.

The other thing is that we have started to collect development notes in
the bugzilla. You can find a bugzilla link to "enhancements" on the
Wayland front page. You may find interesting new features brewing
there, or perhaps a solution being developmed to a matter that you have
been missing. You might also find interesting things to work on. Note,
that this list is voluntary, so not everything is there.