[ANNOUNCE] wayland 1.7.0

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Mon Feb 23 19:55:15 PST 2015

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 06:18:40PM -0800, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 09:30:49AM +0200, Pekka Paalanen wrote:
> > On Fri, 20 Feb 2015 14:29:18 -0800
> > Bryce Harrington <bryce at osg.samsung.com> wrote:

> > > If you add this step to the end of the releasing.txt document, I can
> > > make sure this gets done at least once a release going forward.
> >
> > I wonder... I do a 'make install' to a prefix and then just 'scp -r'
> > the right sub-dir. Maybe there's a better way?
> >
> > I suppose we could also write a 'make publish-docs' that would do it if
> > ssh is set up right.
>
> Cairo has a "make release-publish" step[1] which essentially does
> release.sh plus updates the website, and generates and uploads
> documentation.
>
> Their makefile snippet[2] includes a bunch of logic for maintaining old
> versions of the docs and linking to the latest via symblinks, but
> essentially they're creating a tarball, scping it, and unpacking it on
> the website:
>
> doc-publish-versioned: doc
>         rm -rf ./$(MANUAL_VERSIONED)
>         cp -a doc/public/html $(MANUAL_VERSIONED)
>         tar czf $(MANUAL_TAR_FILE) $(MANUAL_VERSIONED)
>         scp $(MANUAL_TAR_FILE) $(RELEASE_UPLOAD_HOST):$(MANUAL_UPLOAD_DIR)
>         ssh $(RELEASE_UPLOAD_HOST) "cd $(MANUAL_UPLOAD_DIR) && tar xzf $(MANUAL_TAR_FILE) && ln -sf $(MANUAL_TAR_FILE) cairo-$(MANUAL_TAR_FILE)"
>
> It'd be nifty if we could fold in similar logic, as well as the
> auto-updating of the Downloads page on the website (which is currently
> done manually for wayland).

just fwiw, libinput has this one:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/wayland/libinput/tree/tools/publish-doc
(libevdev uses the same-ish script, to little suprise)

Needs to be run manually, but usually it doesn't matter if it's out of date
a little on master. and then on every release I just do a cp -a latest 0.11
on the server directly.

Cheers,
   Peter