[ANNOUNCE] wayland 1.7.0

Bryce Harrington bryce at osg.samsung.com
Mon Feb 23 18:18:40 PST 2015

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 09:30:49AM +0200, Pekka Paalanen wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Feb 2015 14:29:18 -0800
> Bryce Harrington <bryce at osg.samsung.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 11:29:24AM +0200, Pekka Paalanen wrote:

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I generated the docs from Wayland 1.7.0 and pushed them to
> > > wayland.fd.o. Is it ok now?
> >
> > If you add this step to the end of the releasing.txt document, I can
> > make sure this gets done at least once a release going forward.
>
> I wonder... I do a 'make install' to a prefix and then just 'scp -r'
> the right sub-dir. Maybe there's a better way?
>
> I suppose we could also write a 'make publish-docs' that would do it if
> ssh is set up right.

Cairo has a "make release-publish" step[1] which essentially does
release.sh plus updates the website, and generates and uploads
documentation.

Their makefile snippet[2] includes a bunch of logic for maintaining old
versions of the docs and linking to the latest via symblinks, but
essentially they're creating a tarball, scping it, and unpacking it on
the website:

doc-publish-versioned: doc
        rm -rf ./$(MANUAL_VERSIONED)
        cp -a doc/public/html $(MANUAL_VERSIONED)
        tar czf $(MANUAL_TAR_FILE) $(MANUAL_VERSIONED)
        scp $(MANUAL_TAR_FILE) $(RELEASE_UPLOAD_HOST):$(MANUAL_UPLOAD_DIR)
        ssh $(RELEASE_UPLOAD_HOST) "cd $(MANUAL_UPLOAD_DIR) && tar xzf $(MANUAL_TAR_FILE) && ln -sf $(MANUAL_TAR_FILE) cairo-$(MANUAL_TAR_FILE)"

It'd be nifty if we could fold in similar logic, as well as the
auto-updating of the Downloads page on the website (which is currently
done manually for wayland).

Bryce

[1] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/cairo/tree/RELEASING - step #6
[2] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/cairo/tree/build/Makefile.am.releasing