rdp-backend

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 08:05:56 PST 2015

I wanted to try out the Gnome Desktop on Wayland under Fedora 21

2 things I am missing out on is a x11vnc replacement and an xdotool replacement.

rdp-backend may be able to replace x11vnc?

I am trying to use the rdp-backend with my displayed desktop on my HDMI output.

Is this possible?

Could I set this up in my ~/.config/weston.ini
(Is this file used with all Desktops under Wayland Or do I use a
different file for Gnome on Wayland?)

~/.config/weston.ini looks like so
<--Beginning
[core]
backend=rdp-backend
<-- End

How do I set the username password?
Will it know to use the username/password for the logged in user(Preferable)?

Can I use Microsoft's mstsc to connect?
What about Microsoft's RDP client for Android?

Is this the right place to ask these kind of questions? If not can
someone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you for you precious time.
Good coding to you.