rdp-backend

Hardening rdp.effort at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 10:34:07 PST 2015

Le 24/02/2015 17:05, Jeff Sadowski a écrit :
> I wanted to try out the Gnome Desktop on Wayland under Fedora 21
>
> 2 things I am missing out on is a x11vnc replacement and an xdotool replacement.
>
> rdp-backend may be able to replace x11vnc?
>
> I am trying to use the rdp-backend with my displayed desktop on my HDMI output.
>
> Is this possible?

The RDP compositor is headless, so it doesn't care of real hardware,
it's not the equivalent of x11vnc.

> Could I set this up in my ~/.config/weston.ini
> (Is this file used with all Desktops under Wayland Or do I use a
> different file for Gnome on Wayland?)
>

> ~/.config/weston.ini looks like so
> <--Beginning
> [core]
> backend=rdp-backend
> <-- End
I can't help on that part, sorry.

> How do I set the username password?
> Will it know to use the username/password for the logged in user(Preferable)?
Right now no authentication mecanism are implemented, and most probably
you would want a greeter is no login / password are provided ? That's
why no authentication is implemented in the RDP backend.

> Can I use Microsoft's mstsc to connect?
Yes

> What about Microsoft's RDP client for Android?
Yes

Best regards.

--
David FORT