rdp-backend

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 10:50:27 PST 2015

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 11:34 AM, Hardening <rdp.effort at gmail.com> wrote:
> Le 24/02/2015 17:05, Jeff Sadowski a écrit :
>> I wanted to try out the Gnome Desktop on Wayland under Fedora 21
>>
>> 2 things I am missing out on is a x11vnc replacement and an xdotool replacement.
>>
>> rdp-backend may be able to replace x11vnc?
>>
>> I am trying to use the rdp-backend with my displayed desktop on my HDMI output.
>>
>> Is this possible?
>
> The RDP compositor is headless, so it doesn't care of real hardware,
> it's not the equivalent of x11vnc.

Can I run two backends for the same Desktop or use rdp-backend as a
module? Maybe rdp-backend as a backend and use another backend/module
to display to my hdmi?
I only need an equivalent to x11vnc to the point of being able to
remotely see and control what is seen on screen I don't care if it
uses rdp protocol vs vnc that doesn't matter to me.

>> Could I set this up in my ~/.config/weston.ini
>> (Is this file used with all Desktops under Wayland Or do I use a
>> different file for Gnome on Wayland?)
>>

>> ~/.config/weston.ini looks like so
>> <--Beginning
>> [core]
>> backend=rdp-backend
>> <-- End
> I can't help on that part, sorry.
>

>> How do I set the username password?
>> Will it know to use the username/password for the logged in user(Preferable)?
> Right now no authentication mecanism are implemented, and most probably
> you would want a greeter is no login / password are provided ? That's
> why no authentication is implemented in the RDP backend.

Ok that is what I thought

>> Can I use Microsoft's mstsc to connect?
> Yes
Does anyone know how to use mstsc with no username password?