[Wayland1.5]Question about wl_shell_get_shell_surface

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 02:50:34 PST 2015

On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 09:04:25 +0000
Yang Andy <williamyang13 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> I have a question about wl_shell_get_shell_surface.
>
> 【NG Issue】When system launch QT-Application from ICO-HOME screen,it takes 4 seconds before application is rendered.
>
> [Reference Module]ICO-HOMEMurphyweston-ivi-shellweston/waylandQTWayland
> 【TizenIVI Version】
> tizen-3.0.m14.3-ivi_20141028.3
>
> 【Investigation】
>  I analyze the ivi_shell.log and find that method[wl_shell_get_shell_surface] is called before it takes 3 seconds.
>
> Why it takes 3 seconds until method[wl_shell_get_shell_surface] is called?
>
> who will call wl_shell_get_shell_surface?Compositor-wayland.c?Multi-resource.c?Window.c?
> (I search the application/QTWayland source code,there is not caller)

I have no idea what you are doing, but ivi-shell does not implement
wl_shell at all. There is no global advertised with the name
"wl_shell", which you can see with e.g. weston-info. Therefore a call to
wl_shell_get_shell_surface() should lead to a crash, abort, or a fatal
protocol error.

wl_shell protocol does not make sense in an IVI environment.