After exiting weston all consoles not working anymore

Thilo Cestonaro thilo at cestona.ro
Wed Mar 18 04:19:46 PDT 2015

AFAI can see, it is the weston-launch which does the bad thing.

If i, being root, start weston directly, it does work fine.
If i, being root, start weston indirect via weston-launch, the process
never returns to console and I can't login from via other shells.

This behave is the same with 1.7.0 and 1.7.90.

The commands I used to start weston:
# Weston direct
openvt -c 7 -w -v -- weston --backend=drm-backend.so --use-pixman
--log=/home/root/weston.log
openvt -c 7 -w -v -- weston --backend=fbdev-backend.so
--log=${HOME}/weston.log

# Weston via weston-launch
openvt -c 7 -w -v -- weston-launch -- --backend=drm-backend.so
--use-pixman --log=${HOME}/weston.log
openvt -c 7 -w -v -- weston-launch -- --backend=fbdev-backend.so
--log=${HOME}/weston.log

Cheers,
Thilo