Wayland not MIT-licensed / FAQ wrong

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Thu May 28 14:15:52 PDT 2015

Yes, it appears you're correct. The HPND license is widely used in X
(even new additions such as
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/tree/dri3/dri3.c) and I think
I assumed it was the most recent/modern version of the MIT license. It
was certainly the intention to change the license to MIT and that's
what all contributors acknowledged when we relicensed. Let's wait a
few days and see if anybody objects, but otherwise I think it'd be
fine to just change the Wayland and Weston licenses to the actual MIT
license.

Kristian