libinput and scrolling threshold/deadspot

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Sun Nov 8 15:54:56 PST 2015

On Fri, Nov 06, 2015 at 01:31:06PM +0100, Mads wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Using xf86-input-libinput 0.15.0 and libinput 1.1.0, are there any way to
> tweak the size of the scrolling deadspot? That is, how many pixels of
> movement libinput ignores before starting a scroll event (e.g. two fingers
> vertical scrolling, how long you have to drag before the scrolling
> starts)...
>
> Great work with libinput 1.1, I've gone from evdev/synaptics to libinput on
> all of my devices now, couldn't be happier :) The scrolling deadspot thing
> is the only nitpick I have left...

It's not configurable and currently fixed at 2mm. The main issue is that we
need some sort of finger movement before we can start scrolling to determine
whether the gesture is a two-finger scroll or a pinch movement. We're
already biased towards scrolling in some corner-cases but some of the
threshold remains. Any suggestions on how to fix this are appreciated.

Cheers,
   Peter