Touch event delayed or missing with weston 1.8.0 and qtwayland 5.4.2

Vikas Patil vikasmpatil at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 07:29:53 PST 2015

Dear Community,

I am using following components and seeing sometime touch doesn't
respond (seems touch_up event delayed or some touch event missing).
For example back button on screen takes time to go back to desired
screen or I need to touch it again.

linux 3.14.28
weston 1.8.0 with ivi-shell
qt 5.4.2.
qtwayland 5.4.2 + patch to support touch

I have checked with following two commands and it seems touch events
are proper from kernel and libinput.

#libinput-debug-events --device /dev/input/event0
#evtest /dev/input/event0

I am trying to understand what is happening but no luck yet. Has
anyone observed the same and fixed it? Could you give some
inputs/suggestions to understand and debug this?

Thanking you for reading this.

Thanks & Regards,
Vikas