[RFC] Declare enumeration wl_output.transform as bitfield.

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Wed Nov 25 05:43:39 PST 2015

Hi,

On 25 November 2015 at 12:08, Nils Christopher Brause
<nilschrbrause at gmail.com> wrote:
> 3. The API change is negligible. Every request that accepts this bitfield
>    expects a number in the range of zero to seven. These numbers can be
>    represented in and converted between signed and unsigned 32 bit integers
>    without any loss and generated compiler warnings are harmless.

Warnings aren't harmless though; there's a reason we don't (shouldn't)
have any in our build. Every 'oh, just ignore that' warning drowns out
legitimate compiler warnings, and dumping warnings on our users
because we broke a stable API isn't really acceptable. So, sorry, but
NAK from me. :(

Cheers,
Daniel