Undefined function 'wl_egl_window_resize'

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 00:13:15 PDT 2015

On Thu, 8 Oct 2015 17:02:05 +0200
Joaquim Duran <jduran.gm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> > Just curious, what Wayland display server are you going to run
> > Weston with the wayland-backend on?
>
> I expect to run weston in an ARM based device, running on top of
> hardware: fbdev, egl, cairo or anyother but no X11 should be involved.
> Currently, the device has the fbdev, EGL and GLESv2 drivers.

Hi,

none of the things you listed are display servers at all. In other
words, I did guess right: you do not want to run nested and so you do
not want the wayland-backend.

Wayland-backend does not *provide* Wayland, it consumes Wayland. It is
for running Weston inside Weston, for instance.

Weston always provides Wayland to applications regardless of which
backend or renderer you pick.

Note, that fbdev and EGL are not meant to be used together. Only some
proprietary drivers stacks rely on EGL with fbdev, because they have
not bothered writing decent DRM kernel drivers yet.

Anyway, based on what you say, you are looking for the fbdev-backend,
not the wayland-backend.

> > Looks like we don't have the #ifdefs to allow building the
> wayland-backend without a Wayland-supporting EGL implementation, even
> though wayland-backend does support also the Pixman renderer. How did
> you get past the requirement of wayland-egl.pc in ./configure?
>
> I've configured bash variables:
>
> export WAYLAND_COMPOSITOR_CFLAGS=$CXXFLAGS
> export WAYLAND_COMPOSITOR_LIBS=$LDFLAGS" -lwayland-client
> -lwayland-cursor"

This is a pretty sure way to build something that will not work.

> Also, I've compiled drm library with omap driver (this is the only
> driver that i need). I don't know if it is an error or not but x86
> related file is included in compositor-drm.c:
>
> In file included from src/compositor-drm.c:42:0:
> /home/gem-med/Logic_BSPs/Linux_3.0/Linux_BSP/rootfs/usr/include/xf86drm.h:40:17:
> fatal error: drm.h: No such file or directory
> compilation terminated.
> make[1]: *** [src/drm_backend_la-compositor-drm.lo] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/gem-med/Logic_BSPs/Linux_3.0/src/weston'

Oh, so you do have DRM drivers also in ther kernel? In that case forget
about the fbdev-backend, and use the DRM backend.

xf86drm.h is not specific to x86, and neither is xf86drmMode.h. Those
files names are simply old API naming. The files describe the libdrm
API, which is not specfic to x86.

You have just ran ./configure badly, for instance by using those
environment variables you said you used, and you missed some details.

Don't use those environment variables that override pkg-config. Rely on
pkg-config instead and make sure it finds the right .pc files.