Unstable protocol name breakage

Jan Arne Petersen janarne at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 00:51:34 PDT 2015

Hi,

On 20/10/15 04:22, Jonas Ã…dahl wrote:
> input-method.xml: This one I think might actually be fine to just apply the
> naming schema, as the protocol itself has Wayland core principle violations
> that need to be solved, i.e. any implementor of this is already broken (by
> principle).
>
> text.xml: This one I'm not so sure about. Has it ever been implemented outside
> of weston except only as a proof of concept? Would it be fine to use the same
> name?

I would suggest to just use zwl_...v1 names for both protocols for now.
We can decide later if we want to use a different stable name for them
(they both need to be fixed in a non backward compatible way anyways).

Regards
Jan Arne

--
Jan Arne Petersen | jan.petersen at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer