Compile and use rpi-backend on raspberry 2 gave always black screen after weston-launch

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 09:00:31 PDT 2015

On Tue, 15 Sep 2015 17:10:09 +0200
Fabio Fantoni <fabio.fantoni at m2r.biz> wrote:

> Hi, I'm trying wayland with weston on raspberry 2, the system used is
> debian Sid plus latest kernel and drivers with rpi-update.
> Using weston from official package 1.8.0-3 with fbdev-backend.so but
> graphic seems to perform badly, so following this howto:
> http://wayland.freedesktop.org/raspberrypi.html I compiled it with
> rpi-backend.so and other raspberry specific options.
> Launching weston-launch gave me only black screen (the
> dispmanx_offline=1 is already set), system is still accessible with ssh
> (when I can kill weston process).
>
> I tried also to compile and use weston from git commit
> ca510d06dca3e47e434a50cee105e96c9e82599c but I had also same result with
> both normal user and root.
> I not found any warning or error in logs or other useful information for
> now.
> Can someone help me to solve or at least debug the problem and report
> any useful informations for solve it please?

Hi,

could you post 'head config.log' from your Weston build directory,
and the log file contents from 'weston-launch &> log.txt'?

Can you exit Weston (or at least make the process exit, even if the
screen does not recover) by pressing ctrl+alt+backspace?

I'm not sure how hard it would be on your distribution, but trying
various old versions of the firmware and proprietary libs (always
use a matching set) you might find a version that works, in case
this is a firmware issue.