Create cross wayland-scanner for toolchain or cross-development environment

Andrew Kosteltsev kosteltsev at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 15:57:41 UTC 2016

I think now the simplest way to fix cross-builder's problem is that:

When the  USE_HOST_SCANNER variable is set we have to allow to redefine
wayland_scanner variable in the same way as CC or CC_FOR_BUILD. For example
by command line arguments:

WAYLAND_SCANNER_FOR_BUILD=/usr/bin/wayland-scanner *./configure*
--prefix=/usr --use-host-scanner=yes

or

WAYLAND_SCANNER=/usr/bin/wayland-scanner *./configure* --prefix=/usr
--use-host-scanner=yes

In this case we can avoid building errors (without patching) related to
using scanner built (right now) for target machine on the development host.

Best Regards,
Andrey K.