[RFC wayland-protocols] Add the color-management protocol

Graeme Gill graeme2 at argyllcms.com
Wed Dec 21 01:31:38 UTC 2016

Daniel Stone wrote:

Hi,

> If there was a per-output blending colourspace (as well as final
> display colourspace), that would make a great deal more sense to me.

Agreed. It depends on what is demanded of this blending colorspace -
if the demands are not highly critical, then either blending in
the native output space (fast and dirty), or blending in
a per-channel linear light output space at higher precision (say
16 bit or half) would result in linear light blending without
having any impact on color gamut or color precision for each output.

Graeme Gill.