[RFC wayland-protocols] Color management protocol

Graeme Gill graeme2 at argyllcms.com
Wed Dec 21 01:39:21 UTC 2016

Daniel Stone wrote:

Hi Daniel,

> That's one way of looking at it, yes. But no, the exact thing you're
> describing will never occur for any reason. If you'd like to take a
> step back and explain your reasoning, as well as the alternate
> solutions you've discarded, then that's fine, but otherwise, with a
> firm and resolute 'no, never' to this point, we're at a dead end.

I've gone through the technical reasons behind this quite a few
times so far in this discussion. I know color is a bit
esoteric to most people, and it's easy to not appreciate
some of the subtleties that none the less have an impact
in the real world. I'm really not sure how I can expand
on this much more, but I'm willing to continue trying
for a while, so can you point to where you want me
to start ?

Cheers,

Graeme Gill.