Moving bugs to Phabricator

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Wed Feb 3 16:57:05 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 3 February 2016 at 15:56, Mike Blumenkrantz <zmike at samsung.com> wrote:
> It seems that opening any of these links requires a login. A valid use case for bug trackers is something like:
>
> * user searches web for issue keywords (eg. "wayland has no ssd!")
> * results include link to bug
> * user views bug report
>
> Requiring a login will create more hassle and reduce the likelihood that tickets will be seen.
>
> For reference, we switched to phabricator a few years ago for EFL and had this exact issue. Some parts of the site can be made public, but the majority of it seems to be locked down and only accessible to logged-in users.

Yeah totally, that is an obvious showstopper. The default policy for
bugs is indeed public, but apparently the three projects weren't.
These are fixed now - thanks for letting me know. So far as I know,
there's nothing other hokey preventing you from keeping things public,
apart from the lack of a default policy for wiki pages, which we're
carrying a local patch to fix whilst we wait for it to be upstreamed.

Cheers,
Daniel