Moving bugs to Phabricator

Bryce Harrington bryce at osg.samsung.com
Wed Feb 3 20:27:50 UTC 2016

On Wed, Feb 03, 2016 at 12:25:26PM +0000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2 February 2016 at 20:28, Bill Spitzak <spitzak at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can you make a clone of the current Bugzilla state in Phabricator so that we
> > can see what it looks like?
>
> Good idea! Here they are:
> https://phabricator.freedesktop.org/project/board/100/
> https://phabricator.freedesktop.org/project/board/101/
> https://phabricator.freedesktop.org/project/board/102/
> https://phabricator.freedesktop.org/project/board/103/
>
> Please bear in mind these are REAL IMPORTED BUGS linked to REAL ACTUAL
> PEOPLE. Manipulating these tasks will lead to actual people being
> emailed, just as it would on Bugzilla. But please feel free to mess
> around with your own bugs, or create new ones and play with those.
>
> The workboard columns aren't fixed in the current single-column
> format: depending on what works best, we could use any combination of
> one column per release, status-based columns (WIP / mid-bikeshed /
> etc), or anything really.

Does/can it have a tabulated view with various fields shown (like
whether patches are attached, number of comments, etc.)?

> Also, you can make more general (and more advanced) queries from
> https://phabricator.freedesktop.org/maniphest/.
>
> Would be interested to hear some more feedback from people!

I'm with zmike that if the phabs have high barriers of access, I'm
uncertain it'll adequately replace bugzilla.

It might also be worthwhile to examine the email interface - in other
projects I've found phab a bit spammy with state change emails.

The command line interface is probably what I would end up using the
most though.  I know phab has one but haven't used it much.  I seem to
recall being frustrated by it but don't remember why; like it was
squashing my patches or something.  Maybe it can be tuned though.

Bryce