Create cross wayland-scanner for toolchain or cross-development environment

Andrew Kosteltsev kosteltsev at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 08:46:20 UTC 2016

Hi Quentin.

I see. My suggestion related to simplify the build process on developer
machines which doesn't have pre-installed native Wayland package. And also
I think it would be good if wailand-scanner output will be generated by
scanner which has the same version as target machine scanner.

Currently developers must have installed wayland package and it is not
convenient if developer builds several targets for different CPU (and may
be different versions of some SW packages) at the same time using cross
environment.

(for example, GNU file also requires native file utility on developer
machine, moreover it must have same version). I think not all needed tools
can be implemented into toolchain like cross-compiler. Some of them can be
built and added into DevEnv later on build time.

Any way It is up to you. I just suggest.

Best Regards,
Andrey K.