Surface autofocus

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 14:47:55 UTC 2016

On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 14:23:31 +0000 (UTC)
Claudiu Lupu <lupuu.claudiu at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I got weston 1.11.90 installed on Ubuntu desktop. If I start a
> terminal window and weston-flower the focus is not being redirected
> to the terminal in case I click on a transparent zone from flower

Hi,

The transparent parts of the flower are not marked as "click-through"
by the demo, so this is expected.

> demo.Another odd thing is that if I click on the terminal window, the
> terminal gets focus but the flower changes even if I don't click on
> the flower zone, looks like both surfaces receive mouse down.Same
> thing happens with the touch. This doesn't look like the behavior I
> was used to on older version of compositors.

The flower does not change as a response to a click per se. The flower
changes every time the window is redrawn by the demo (this goes to show
how rarely the window needs redrawing). When window focus changes, a
message gets sent to both the old and new active windows for them to
redraw their decorations as active/inactive. Flower does not have such
decorations, but it redraws anyway.

You can also see it by pressing Mod+Tab to switch between windows.

There was a time when flower was redrawn practically never, but that
has since changed, with the migration to xdg-shell, IIRC.

> Is this intended, can I
> change something in weston.ini and enable the "autofocus".
> Thanks,Claudiu

I'm not sure what you mean by "autofocus".