Does wayland support touch-screen rotation?

Ruei, Eric e-ruei1 at ti.com
Fri Jun 17 21:17:03 UTC 2016

To whom it may concern:

I am not sure this is the right place to post Wayland/Weston questions or report problems. If it is not, please forgive me and point me to the appropriate site.
Here is the problem that we face:
The touchscreen on TI AM335x EVM is in reverse order, i.e starting from bottom-right instead of top-left.
We were able to handle this at our QT5 Matrix-Gui application by setting the environment variable QT_QPA_EVDEV_TOUCHSCREEN_PARAMETERS="rotate=180" with QPA = EGLFS and LINUXFB.
However, this solution is no longer valid when we enable Wayland support on AM335x because the touch-screen rotation needs to be handled by the Wayland compositor. It seems to us that Weston 1.9 does not support this kind of operation after a lot of Web searches.

My question is whether Wayland compositor should support touch screen rotation and if the answer is yes, when will this feature be available? Attached please find a hacking patch as a proof of concept only for your reference.

Any inputs and help will be highly appreciated!

Best regards,

Eric Ruei