[GSOC2016] Contribution to project

Jonas Ã…dahl jadahl at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 04:06:59 UTC 2016

On Wed, Mar 02, 2016 at 11:38:58PM +0530, Arushi Dogra wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am a 3rd Computer Science Undergraduate from IIIT Hyderabad, India. I
> took graphics as a course and developed great interest in it. I would
> really like to contribute wayland . I found the project " *A shattered
> Weston demo client*" interesting and would like to be a part of it. I have
> done work with OpenGL in the past which includes making Carrom game with
> keyboard and mouse controllers. The link to my work is
> https://github.com/arushidogra/Carrom_OpenGL_Game .
>
> Can anyone help me get started ?

Hi!

I would recommend that you go through the recommended steps as described
in
https://phabricator.freedesktop.org/w/wayland/gsoc_2016/application_instructions/

I can see that you have already done some parts of the steps (looking at
our current ideas and finding one that interests you), which is a good
start. The next step would be to make a small contribution (see step 3
in the above link) and start drafting your project proposal. See the
guidelines in the above link about how to write your proposal.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask. You are also
welcome to join #wayland on irc.freenode.net. Note that different people
will be online at different times, but we have a pretty good spread over
various timezones, so there'll often be someone who can help there.

Jonas