Questions about experimental Spice compositor rebase

Fabio Fantoni fabio.fantoni at m2r.biz
Thu Mar 3 18:36:51 UTC 2016

> I cherry-picked your commits to my repo
> <https://github.com/ein-shved/compositor-spice/commits/spice> with some
> modifications. Take a look if you want =).

I saw your change, compression option I think should be image compression
or similar because is an image compression (lossless), there are also other
compression parameters I'll add (probably starting from the lossy
compression for wan).
About 2 functions (name2enum and parse_name) use for now only by image
compression will be used also by other parameters and is good to have it
out to avoid too many "duplicate code".
Take a look here for example:
http://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=blob;f=ui/spice-core.c (qemu should have
all spice features FWIK)
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-qxl/tree/src/spiceqxl_spice_server.c
(xspice probably don't have all spice features)
I don't mean to do same code but at least consider future add of other
features, some are fast/easy to add, other require bigger think as
prerequisite (vdagent, usbredir ecc...)