thanks and introduction

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 09:43:55 UTC 2016

On Wed, 9 Mar 2016 20:35:15 -0800
Yong Bakos <junk at humanoriented.com> wrote:

> > On Mar 9, 2016, at 6:38 PM, Bryce Harrington <bryce at osg.samsung.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 09, 2016 at 03:21:12PM -0800, Yong Bakos wrote:
> >> Specifically, I am:
> >>
> >> git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/wayland/wayland
> >> cd wayland
> >> ./autogen.sh --prefix=$WLD
> >> make check > check.log.txt 2>&1
> >>
> >> I've also run `make check` after checking out the 1.10 branch, same results.
> >>
> >> I seem to be missing a step. Thanks for any pointers and for sharing some of
> >> your time with me.
> >
> > Odd, not sure why it'd show up for me but not you, although the default
> > gcc flags can vary from one linux platform to the next.
>

> After doing the same work on an Ubuntu VM I see the expected warnings.
> What's f'd up is that I've just done it again in Fedora and I also see the
> expected warnings (!). I swear I was methodical this morning about this; no
> idea why I'm now seeing the expected warnings, but I'm not going to lose
> sleep over it. Thank goodness for central Oregon beer!
>
> Thanks for listening, I'll work on those params.

Hi,

those are warnings from Doxygen I believe, and they are emitted only
when the documentation gets rebuilt. If you've already built once,
'make clean' followed my 'make' should fish them out.

Note, that what Bryce originally referred to are the generated headers
under protocol/ directory. The documentation for doxygen complaints
stemming from there need to be added into the corresponding .xml file.
Then wayland-scanner turns the XML into .h, and Doxygen reads the .h
file.

Btw. it seems the recent addition of EXTRACT_ALL=YES in the Doxygen
configuration removed almost all warnings. You may want to hack that to
NO to see everything.