[ANNOUNCE] weston 1.10.92
bryce at osg.samsung.com
Wed May 18 08:23:56 UTC 2016
Here is the beta for the upcoming 1.11 release. A brief summary of some
of the main changes for 1.11 follows.
== libweston ==
A concerted effort to push the libweston development along reworked how
backends are configured to permit them to be initialized independent of
Weston's main.c. This was a relatively major change this cycle,
restructuring the setup logic for most of the backends and adding a new
backend loading routine. Config parsing is still done in main.c but the
config data is passed as a structure to the (dynamically loaded) backend
module and used or copied into its internal data storage (the config
object provided by main.c has a lifetime that ends at the completion of
initialization). This passed structure is defined in a header and
versioned to enable compatibility validation between frontend and
The following backends received this treatment: wayland, drm, x11,
headless, fbdev, and rdp.
== IVI ==
Another major area of development focused on the IVI shell and related
code. Huge amounts of cleanup, refactoring, and documentation
copyediting are helping polish this codebase.
A large number of unnecessary API calls were dropped or simplified.
Limitations such as seat handling were improved or at least worked
around to avoid crashing or other misbehaviors. Dynamic memory
allocation was changed to use the stack where possible. NULL pointer
checks were added for sanity checking in some APIs, and dropped
elsewhere where not strictly needed.
Other IVI changes:
* When destroying ivi-layout layers, invalidate on_layout handler
* Add a 'get_label' functionality for debugging purposes in ivi-shell
* Straighten out configuration calls from ivi-layout.c to ivi-shell.c,
allowing configure events to be sent more directly.
* Remove ivi-shell surface transitions when the surface itself gets
== Build system ==
* Standardize build to use AC_SEARCH_LIBS macro, and cleanup unnecessary
* More efficiently check for and properly use librt's clock_gettime() in
* Fix build to not enable systemd-login unless dbus is present.
* Straighten out the handling of systemd CFLAGS
* Make jpeglib an optional dependency (--with-jpeg/--without-jpeg)
* Make WebP an optional dependency (--with-webp/--without-webp) and
improve error messages
* Various other cleanups to build logic.
== Client fixes and improvements ==
* Add new icons for weston terminal, flower, and editor clients
* Cleanup eventdemo output and minor refactoring
* Fix weston-info report of clock times and improve its output
* Fix crash in weston-simple-egl client when lacking shell and/or
* Make the panel clock configurable through the config file
== Noteworthy Bug Fixes ==
* Fix crash when focused client doesn't have pointer resources
* Fix bad pointer passed to memcpy in drm_output_choose_initial_mode
* Fix crash on destruction of clients with two or more surfaces
* Fix wrong background surface size and wrong panel width in
* Fix crash with wl_seat.release when listener is NULL
* Fix incorrect assumptions with the wl_shm_format
== Other changes ==
* Avoid various dependency headers in compositor.h for better
encapsulation when writing plugins.
* Add shell_interface.get_output_work_area to enable plugins to be
better aware of their surroundings (e.g. panels)
* Improve lseek checks when testing multi-plane buffers.
* Improve drag-and-drop updates for old source versions
* Improve handling of systemd sockets for wayland displays. Useful when
weston and an early rendering client are started in parallel.
* Stop using the input_loop in the x11 backend, as this concept assumed
a single output, resulting in random behavior when multiple outputs
* Continued work sanitizing wl_fixed_t internals to switch over to the
use of doubles.
* Rename several gbm fields with gbm_ prefixes to disambiguate them from
proposed additions from Nvidia.
* Add a check_extension() function for checking for GL extensions
instead of using error-prone strstr() tests.
* Make option-parser handle short double-arg options
* Add the newly stable presentation-time protocol, and in general enable
tracking of stable protocols from the wayland-protocols package.
* Streamline click handling for surfaces already active
Along with the above are the usual vast number of minor changes.
Various warnings text improvements, whitespace cleanup, spelling fixes,
and grammar corrections. Various error handling improvements, NULL
Pointer checks, and leak fixes. Various improvements to usage of
x*alloc and related functions. Various codebase refactoring, removal of
unneeded functions, casting cleanups, etc.
See the alpha release announcement for previous changes.
Changes since Alpha:
Benoit Gschwind (19):
compositor-wayland: create a basic config structure to use in new init API
compositor-wayland: fix memory leak of display_name
compositor-wayland: use new config struture to create backend
compositor-wayland: move config parsing in create_cursor
compositor-wayland: split wayland_output_create_for_config
compositor-wayland: split backend_init
compositor-wayland: put configuration structure in separate header
compositor-wayland: fix spacing and lines wraping
compositor-wayland: rename wayland_output_init_from_config
compositor-wayland: rename misleading output arg of weston_wayland_output_config_init
compositor-wayland: add versionning to config structure
compositor-wayland: move configuration parsing to weston main.c
main: rename load_wayland_backend_config arg "config" to wc
main: replace and remove new_config in load_wayland_backend_config
main: rename wayland_backend_config_add_new_output function
main: rename wayland_backend_config_release function
main: rename new_config arg of weston_wayland_backend_config_release
main: rename new_config arg of weston_wayland_backend_config_add_new_output
main: let load_wayland_backend() clean up on error
Bryce Harrington (3):
releasing: Correct documentation for script name
data: Some client icons
configure.ac: bump to version 1.10.92 for the beta release
Daniel Stone (1):
libinput: Remove unused static values
Emmanuel Gil Peyrot (3):
compositor-drm: Remove unused output reference in drm_fb
compositor-drm: Write a name in the mode generated from a modeline
compositor-drm: Prevent a crash in the pixman renderer
Giulio Camuffo (1):
drm: port the drm backend to the new init api
Pekka Paalanen (10):
compositor: constify weston_surface_build_buffer_matrix()
compositor: refactor into convert_size_by_transform_scale()
ivi-shell-user-interface: ignore all but first seat
ivi-layout: clarify get_layers_under_surface doc
eventdemo: do not print pointer frames alone
eventdemo: use zalloc
eventdemo: do not print axis events if not requested
eventdemo: use %u for uint32_t printing
compositor: fix comments about weston_compositor::surface_list
compositor: surface and view output comment fixes
Quentin Glidic (1):
weston.pc: Properly specify Requires.private
git tag: 1.10.92
MD5: de65ad2b4c51affb2a7c43a1638944b4 weston-1.10.92.tar.xz
SHA1: c32a8f970e5d54957e92e0e6cf2671b9facb8676 weston-1.10.92.tar.xz
SHA256: 22e7052f2234fc8b9fd66997719d025b7076a0779e1cae78022a2fc7a37a99e3 weston-1.10.92.tar.xz
More information about the wayland-devel