Weston

Andrea Giammarchi andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 09:44:58 UTC 2016

It looks like you want something like benja ( https://benja.io/ ) which is
Weston + Electron based.

It uses a service:
https://github.com/WebReflection/benja/blob/gh-pages/os/sh/weston-compositor.service
You can enable it via `systemctl enable weston-compositor`

You also need to put
```
[shell]
client=/usr/bin/chromium
```
or the application you want to use instead of the default desktop/shell
inside the `~/.config/weston.ini` file, and this can be also a bash file
that launches chrome in fullscreen or with specific parameters.

You can test that everything works as expected simply using
`/usr/bin/weston-terminal` as client to find yourself within the shell (or
you can just use Benja to develop your portable app)

Best Regards