Student project

Sergi Granell xerpi.g.12 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 18:06:09 UTC 2017

Hi everyone!

My name is Sergi Granell and I am a last year student at the
Facultat d'Informàtica de Barcelona in the Universitat Politècnica de
Catalunya [1].
As this is my last semester there, I have to do my end of degree
project.
I have been interested in Wayland for a long time, and also following
this mailing list. In fact, I sent a few (but simple) patches last
year.
Since I have wanted to contribute to Wayland (or Weston) for a long
time, but being busy with the university kept me from doing it, I have
decided that now it would be a good time to do it: as my end of degree
project.

I have decided that I'd like to improve the atomic mode-setting and
hardware planes usage in Weston, since that could improve the user
experience and reduce the power consumption and memory bandwidth needed
compared to rendering using OpenGL ES for example.

The project starts right now and it lasts until June approximately, so
I will try to do my best! Also I am always wandering around the IRC
channel, so expect me to be somewhat active there too :)

Anyways, let me know if you have any questions, comments or ideas.

[1] http://www.fib.upc.edu