Student project

Sergi Granell xerpi.g.12 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 22:57:28 UTC 2017

Hi,

exactly, helping to get Daniel's atomic modesetting patches landed is
my first priority. Maybe it would be a good idea to write some kind of
Weston client demo that makes extensive use of subsurfarces in some
way, in order to make Weston use and change plane configurations in
atomic commits to help test those patches.

On my side, I'll be using a Raspberry Pi 3 as my test platform (my
laptop is too old to have atomic DRM drivers), which I'm currently
setting up (I expect to have it done in 1-2 more days).

About the automated testing, I don't know if the Raspi's display
controller supports image writeback, but if it does that would be an
interesting thing to look into (as it would not only be useful to test
Weston atomic modesetting, but also to test the DRM drivers).

Other than that, I haven't thought of any other ideas, since I think
getting the patches merged and the testing and bug fixing afterwards
will take most of my available time for this project.