libinput 1.5.901 touchpad speed on HiDPI screen

François Guerraz kubrick at fgv6.net
Wed Jan 11 10:12:52 UTC 2017

Hi,

I've just installed libinput-git 1.5.901.r3.g72e0148-1 to test the
awesomeness of the new trackpad pointer acceleration. I'm using
gnome/wayland one a DELL XPS 2016 (DLL0704:01 06CB:76AE Touchpad).

Acceleration works, finally, which is great. However, I don't know if
it's because I'm on a HiDPI screen or not but even with touchpad speed
cranked to the max in gnome-settings, it's still a bit slow. Way slower
than with v. 1.5.

Is it a but that I need to report or do I need to change other
settings?

Best regards,

François.